Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic Game?

Crenox
    Crenox
    Silly Filly
    Silly Filly

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic Game? Empty My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic Game?

Post by Crenox Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:28 am

Do you think it would suck?

Honestly, I think it would because they would make it designed for younger kids, not like us.
    Sabboth
    Sabboth
    Admin
    Admin

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic Game? Empty Re: My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic Game?

Post by Sabboth Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:42 am

Crenox wrote:Do you think it would suck?

Honestly, I think it would because they would make it designed for younger kids, not like us.
    Apparently there's a handful of people working on multiple MLP:FiM online games. There's going to be an isometric one, which I'm personally more interested in (It reminds me so much of Legend of Mana) and then there's a full on 3D one being made. Though the 3D one was made using Blender and the quality isn't all that fantastic.

The combat for the isometric one is also very similar Legend of Mana in that it sets you in a battle field once you come into contact with an enemy like FF, but you get to move freely and use your skills independently from a turn cycle. No idea what the 3D one is like.

The isometric one also has flying, which seems pretty cool.
    Crenox
    Crenox
    Silly Filly
    Silly Filly

My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic Game? Empty Re: My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic Game?

Post by Crenox Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:18 am

Sabboth wrote:
    Crenox wrote:Do you think it would suck?

Apparently there's a handful of people working on multiple MLP:FiM online games. There's going to be an isometric one, which I'm personally more interested in (It reminds me so much of Legend of Mana) and then there's a full on 3D one being made. Though the 3D one was made using Blender and the quality isn't all that fantastic.

The combat for the isometric one is also very similar Legend of Mana in that it sets you in a battle field once you come into contact with an enemy like FF, but you get to move freely and use your skills independently from a turn cycle. No idea what the 3D one is like.

The isometric one also has flying, which seems pretty cool.
    That seems pretty cool.
    countchocula86
    countchocula86
    Silly Filly
    Silly Filly

Post by countchocula86 Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:56 am

Theres a couple MMOs arent there? I think there were 3 then 1 closed because the guy had personal issues. And JackBread is working on an MLP Harvest Moon. Im sure there are others, heck theres like an Equestria Daily Gaming.

Post by Guest Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:09 am

There's a couple I have heard of.

My Little Pony: Fighting is Magic which is a 2D Fighter game currently being developed.
    Spike's Quest which is a Metroidvania style game, just started being developed.
    Tyhoon
    Tyhoon
    Blank Flank
    Blank Flank

Post by Tyhoon Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:48 am

Fighting is Magic looks amazing. The pony/starcraft touhou was fun. I really want to play Megamare X, but I doubt that the project will be looked at seriously.

Pony games are like any regular game, that being said, I doubt that anything decent will come out of a licensed venue. While Lauren Faust is a decent person with good values, most game companies are just out to make the money, especially with materials that are guaranteed to sell the base quota like MLP. Companies that try to do something creative or clever end up being loved by critics, but ignored by the masses, thus loosing sales and the money invested.
    Rarity
    Rarity
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rarity Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:57 pm

Maksago wrote:There's a couple I have heard of.

My Little Pony: Fighting is Magic which is a 2D Fighter game currently being developed.
    Spike's Quest which is a Metroidvania style game, just started being developed.

What? Seriously? Spike's Quest? *Sobs*. Why not Rarity's Quest?! =(

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:01 pm