Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Spitfire
bbhacker
Egosok
Jasbest
Da_Chi
9 posters

All Pony Singalong (A Contest with FABULOUS prizes)

Da_Chi
    Da_Chi
    Blank Flank
    Blank Flank

All Pony Singalong (A Contest with FABULOUS prizes) Empty All Pony Singalong (A Contest with FABULOUS prizes)

Post by Da_Chi Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:00 am

Hello Everypony. I'd like to make an announcement!

So, I figure now that we have a very large group of ponies here, we should have a contest to have a little pony related fun. And I'm going to host it. The admins have graciously allowed me to make an announcement so that is pretty awesome.

So ANYWAY, the contest will be for anyone who wants to enter. There will be no judge and there will be AWESOME prizes. So what is the contest? Simple,sing a song from the show and record it! Talent is not required! All you need to do is record a 30 second clip, or more, of any song from the show and email me a da_chi_the_bunny(at)Derpymail.org. Be sure to mention your name at some point. This is just so I know who to contact about winning.

I will take the sound clips and make a quick YouTube Video and post it up on my channel. And if you would like me to edit out your name for the clip (Because I plan on posting these up for everypony to enjoy) I'd be more than happy to help. Sounds easy! So what can I win? I'm glad you asked! From all the contestants, the winner will be picked at random to win up to 50$ worth of steam games! That's right, fifty! (It's Canadian Money, but it's still good).

If you are hesitant on taking part, remember that almost ALL computers now-a-days come with a sound recorder pre-installed so it would be silly not to sing a quick 30 second clip and just take part. What have you got to lose?

I will be running this contest for a week. Next Wednesday (July 27th) is the cutoff. at noon. I look forward to your clips. And remember, you don't have to show your face, you just have to show some love.

-Edit- Partly because I need to check to see if unlisted Videos can embed. Partly because singing is awesome

Here is me singing the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Like I said, it's not about talent. It's about fun!

Last edited by Da_Chi on Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jasbest
    Jasbest
    Blank Flank
    Blank Flank

All Pony Singalong (A Contest with FABULOUS prizes) Empty Re: All Pony Singalong (A Contest with FABULOUS prizes)

Post by Jasbest Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:48 pm

I kinda want to do this but...I don't know how to make videos xD
    Da_Chi
    Da_Chi
    Blank Flank
    Blank Flank

All Pony Singalong (A Contest with FABULOUS prizes) Empty Re: All Pony Singalong (A Contest with FABULOUS prizes)

Post by Da_Chi Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:21 am

Jasbest wrote:I kinda want to do this but...I don't know how to make videos xD
    All you need to do is make an audio recording. I can handle making the video!
    Jasbest
    Jasbest
    Blank Flank
    Blank Flank

Post by Jasbest Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:04 am

Da_Chi wrote:
    I dont know how to make a audio recording either >.>
    Egosok
    Egosok
    Silly Filly
    Silly Filly

Post by Egosok Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:21 am

Jasbest wrote:
    Da_Chi wrote:
    Just use a mic and you should (at least for windows, not sure about mac) have a program called sound recorder. Just record your voice with that.
    Also I'd join but my voice just isn't good with singing and I'm a bit shy. All Pony Singalong (A Contest with FABULOUS prizes) 2563327226
    Da_Chi
    Da_Chi
    Blank Flank
    Blank Flank

Post by Da_Chi Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:24 am

Egosok wrote:
    Jasbest wrote:
    Da_Chi wrote:
    Just use a mic and you should (at least for windows, not sure about mac) have a program called sound recorder. Just record your voice with that.
    Also I'd join but my voice just isn't good with singing and I'm a bit shy. All Pony Singalong (A Contest with FABULOUS prizes) 2563327226
    Don't be shy. Remember, it's all just for fun. Nopony will judge you I promise
    bbhacker
    bbhacker
    Blank Flank
    Blank Flank

Post by bbhacker Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:55 am

Da_Chi wrote:Nopony will judge you I promise
    Yep just a bunny but no ponies Tongue
    Egosok
    Egosok
    Silly Filly
    Silly Filly

Post by Egosok Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:27 am

Da_Chi wrote:
    Egosok wrote:
    Jasbest wrote:
    Da_Chi wrote:
    Well I tried recording my voice and I still don't like the sound of it, so I'll just leave the contest alone. It could always be my mic also.
    Da_Chi
    Da_Chi
    Blank Flank
    Blank Flank

Post by Da_Chi Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:59 am

Egosok wrote:
    Da_Chi wrote:
    Egosok wrote:
    Jasbest wrote:
    Da_Chi wrote:
    Well I tried recording my voice and I still don't like the sound of it, so I'll just leave the contest alone. It could always be my mic also.
    Ok, but if you change your mind feel free to email me.
    Spitfire
    Spitfire
    Trusted Student
    Trusted Student

Post by Spitfire Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:16 am

Unfortunately I am not allowed to use the song I like, so probably won't do it. Most of the original songs have multiple voice actors, it would be weird to use only myself.

BTW, how many entries do you have so far?
    Da_Chi
    Da_Chi
    Blank Flank
    Blank Flank

Post by Da_Chi Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:43 am

Spitfire wrote:Unfortunately I am not allowed to use the song I like, so probably won't do it. Most of the original songs have multiple voice actors, it would be weird to use only myself.

BTW, how many entries do you have so far?
    Well it's ok if you don't want to sing a whole bunch of parts. Remember it only has to be 30 seconds so you can sing just one part of an entire song.
    And what song were you thinking of doing anyway?
    I have four entries so far. I think I may have one or two more coming soon but it isn't a guarantee.
    Spitfire
    Spitfire
    Trusted Student
    Trusted Student

Post by Spitfire Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:54 am

I was going to do my favorite one:

All the original songs are way out of my voice range, the above video is the only one I can even come close to with my shoddy voice.

It's fine though, I can sit out. Cool
    Da_Chi
    Da_Chi
    Blank Flank
    Blank Flank

Post by Da_Chi Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:09 am

Spitfire wrote:I was going to do my favorite one:

All the original songs are way out of my voice range, the above video is the only one I can even come close to with my shoddy voice.

It's fine though, I can sit out. All Pony Singalong (A Contest with FABULOUS prizes) 2966158436
    suit yourself. But if you feel cheeky, you can record your version of this song just for the luls. Just a thought. All Pony Singalong (A Contest with FABULOUS prizes) 1071211947
    Rarity
    Rarity
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rarity Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:35 pm

Mine isn't 30 seconds, because it's Rainbow Dash's part during "At the Gala", but that's ok, right?
    Da_Chi
    Da_Chi
    Blank Flank
    Blank Flank

Post by Da_Chi Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:51 pm

Rarity wrote:Mine isn't 30 seconds, because it's Rainbow Dash's part during "At the Gala", but that's ok, right?
    Yup that's fine.I prefer it to be 30 seconds but Id rather just have everypony participate.
    Rarity
    Rarity
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Rarity Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:25 pm

Da_Chi wrote:
    Rarity wrote:Mine isn't 30 seconds, because it's Rainbow Dash's part during "At the Gala", but that's ok, right?
    Yup that's fine.I prefer it to be 30 seconds but Id rather just have everypony participate.

Sent and hoping I win! *crosses hooves*
    FireWinged
    FireWinged
    Blank Flank
    Blank Flank

Post by FireWinged Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:08 am

Just a heads up, I'll probably be entering. Waiting for a time when my parents aren't around just so I don't have to restrict my singing voice, but I know the song and section I'll be doing. Monday or Tuesday I should get the chance early afternoon, maybe late morning.
    Da_Chi
    Da_Chi
    Blank Flank
    Blank Flank

Post by Da_Chi Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:41 am

FireWinged wrote:Just a heads up, I'll probably be entering. Waiting for a time when my parents aren't around just so I don't have to restrict my singing voice, but I know the song and section I'll be doing. Monday or Tuesday I should get the chance early afternoon, maybe late morning.
    Awesome! I'm looking forward to it!
    Spitfire
    Spitfire
    Trusted Student
    Trusted Student

Post by Spitfire Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:21 am

I might be doing something after all, not sure ... depends if I pick a song.

Thought about CMC Theme ... it is supposed to be done badly anyway ... right? Razz
    Doctor Whoof
    Doctor Whoof
    Silly Filly
    Silly Filly

Post by Doctor Whoof Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:25 am

Alrighty. Since I'm better today, I'll send in something. I just don't know if I'll remember how to add music. If not, well... Whatever. Should be fun anyways.

EDIT:Well, sent and done. I just hope the music does not screw up in the file. Oh, and there is a bit too much music. Just ignore that part. Simply forgot to cut it out.
    Da_Chi
    Da_Chi
    Blank Flank
    Blank Flank

Post by Da_Chi Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:07 pm

Doctor Whoof wrote:Alrighty. Since I'm better today, I'll send in something. I just don't know if I'll remember how to add music. If not, well... Whatever. Should be fun anyways.

EDIT:Well, sent and done. I just hope the music does not screw up in the file. Oh, and there is a bit too much music. Just ignore that part. Simply forgot to cut it out.
    Awesome, I'm downloading it now! And I can edit out the excess music if you'd like

Spitfire wrote:I might be doing something after all, not sure ... depends if I pick a song.

Thought about CMC Theme ... it is supposed to be done badly anyway ... right? All Pony Singalong (A Contest with FABULOUS prizes) 253468018
    Haha, yup. Sing it however you feel like singing it!
    Balister
    Balister
    Blank Flank
    Blank Flank

Post by Balister Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:25 am

Sent mine in, I included some silly versions if you feel like using it, also if you want I have a version of my singing with Pinkie Pie singing at the same time.
    Da_Chi
    Da_Chi
    Blank Flank
    Blank Flank

Post by Da_Chi Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:36 am

Balister wrote:Sent mine in, I included some silly versions if you feel like using it, also if you want I have a version of my singing with Pinkie Pie singing at the same time.
    Haha! I'm relentlessly entertained by the silly versions! I'd love to hear your fourth version if you don't mind

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:30 pm